Answered By: Lynn VanLeer Last Updated: Jan 11, 2018 Views: 1603
The Nexis Uni database is the best place in the Walden Library to locate court cases.
Here is how you can access Nexis Uni and search for a court case:
2. Click in the the All Subjects box, then click on Legal.
Here is an image of the All Subjects Dropdown menu:
Note: you can also use the letters at the top to navigate to the database you need.
3. Click on Nexis Uni .
4. Sign in with your myWalden Portal user name and password, if you have not already done so.
5. In the big search box, type in your subject, for example:
"duty to warn" OR "duty to protect" OR "duty to report"
Here is an image of the search box with those terms:
6. On the right side of the search box, click on the down arrow to the right of the search icon. This will pop up different options.
Here is an image of the arrow to the right of the search icon:
7. Check the box for Cases, and click Search.
Search tip: Click on Jurisdiction to see options for different courts (Federal, states, etc.)
Here is an image of the Jurisdiction option:
- In the search results, use the box Search Within Results to further narrow your search.
- If you know the name of a case you can type that in the search box.
Are you in a course that requires you find court cases or statutes? This will help:
Do you have other Library questions? Ask a Librarian!