Yes! If you access Google Scholar from our webpage it will automatically connect to the Walden Library databases.
Note: If you access Google Scholar directly from the internet you will have to follow the steps to manually connect Google Scholar to the Walden Library. This connection is erased when you clear your cache and cookies, and will need to be redone.
Here are the steps for accessing Google Scholar via the Walden Library:
1. Click the Search & Find tab on the Library homepage.
2. Click the link to Google Scholar in the left column.
3. In the Google Scholar box, type your topic, article title, or doi and click Search.
You will be taken to the Google Scholar page, which is already configured to search the Walden Library.
4. Look for results that have the Find@Walden link on the right hand side.
Here is an image of the Find@Walden link:
See the link in context in Google Scholar.
5. Click on Find@Walden to locate the article in the Walden Library databases.
Search tip: if you right click on the Find@Walden link and open it in a new tab, your search results page will remain in the other tab
Search tip: if you click on the article's title it will take you to the publisher's page where you are prompted to purchase the article. The publisher's page will not recognize your Walden credentials.
Do you have other questions about journals? Ask a Librarian!