Answered By: Lynn VanLeer Last Updated: Nov 12, 2017 Views: 22653
You can link the Walden Library to Google Scholar by changing the Library Links setting in Google Scholar. This allows you to access the Walden Library's subscriptions when searching Google Scholar.
Tip: If you access Google Scholar from our webpage it will automatically connect to the Walden Library databases.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The manual connection lives in the browser's settings. When you clear your cache it will clear this setting. You will have to reconnect to the Walden Library after clearing your cache.
Follow these steps to manually link Google Scholar to the Walden Library collection:
1. Go to Google Scholar.
2. In the upper left side of your screen, click on the three lines.
3. Click the Settings link or gear icon.
Tip: Depending on your screen size, this may be at the top or the bottom of that section. Here are some examples of what you might see:
This image shows the gear icon and word "settings" at the bottom of the options on the left:
This image shows the gear icon at the top of the options, to the right of the "Google Scholar" logo.
4. In the left column, click on Library Links.
5. In the search box, type in Walden and click the blue Search button.
6. An option for Walden University - Find at Walden will appear below the search box. Click in the box next to it.
Note: If you see the a box for Open WorldCat - Library Search box , check that too. This will allow it to link to any freely available content.
7. Click Save. This setting will be remembered until you clear your browser cookies.
Tip: You might be taken back to the setting page. Just click Save again to be taken back to the Google Scholar search box.
Now when you search Google Scholar, you will see Find at Walden links to the right of articles it thinks we have in the Library.
It will look like this image of Find @ Walden:
When you click on Find @ Walden you will be asked to login with your Walden username and password.
You may see a list of databases that contain the article. Pay attention to the years, as not all databases will have the same coverage years. Click on the database you want to try and it should take you to the article.
Video: Connect Google Scholar to the Walden Library
(3 min 09 sec) Transcript
- Google Scholar help
- What is Google Scholar?
- Learn how to find an article by title in Google Scholar
- Learn how to find an article by DOI in Google Scholar
Do you have other Library questions? Ask a Librarian!