Answered By: Erin Guldbrandsen Last Updated: Mar 04, 2019 Views: 6107
To save, or download, a PDF article use the Save button that appears on the PDF itself.
Note: Instructions for saving the full text of articles depend on the article format: PDF or HTML.
For articles available in PDF format, here are some options to save it.
- Click the PDF link for the article to open the full text. Links to PDF articles sometimes appear with the words PDF and Full Text with the red and white Adobe Reader icon. Sometimes there is a button to Download PDF.
- Locate the Adobe Reader toolbar. It may look different depending on the browser you are using.
- Click the Save button in the Adobe Reader toolbar. It may appear only when you hover your cursor over the PDF.
- Follow the prompts from your computer to save the file in the desired location (thumb drive, desktop, etc.).
Tip: The download button may also be in the top right corner of the PDF.
Tip: Article PDFs usually have the same look and layout as the article in the printed issue of the journal. They will have the same formatting, page numbers, graphs and charts, etc.
- Learn how to solve common PDF problems
- How do I save an HTML article?
- How do I get the full text of an article?
- Learn more about full text limiter in databases
Do you have other questions about saving an article? Ask a Librarian!