Answered By: Abigail Caraccio Last Updated: Aug 30, 2017 Views: 6903
EBooks are downloaded and accessed in VitalSource. The file size of an eBook can range from a few MB to 1GB depending on the type, size, and contents of the eBook. Once you have successfully downloaded the e-book to your computer you won’t need to be connected to the internet to view it again.
Students whose books are provided by Walden, will receive an email notification when their eBooks are available for download. If you no longer have the email with download instructions, but your eBook was ordered within the last 12 months, you can download it directly from MBS Direct by visiting MBS Direct. You will be prompted to login to your account with your MBS Direct Username and Password.
*If this is your first time visiting the site, please login with the following credentials:
Username: is your Waldenu.edu Email Address
Password: is your Phone Number, including area code (no dashes)
* If unable to access your account, please use the “Forgot Password?” link.
After logging into MBS Direct, review the Terms & Conditions and complete the following steps to download your eBook:
- Once logged in, click on "Digital Content", which should bring up a list of your eBooks.
- Please click on "Access Content", which will take you to the online VitalSource bookshelf.
- If this is the first time you have accessed your Vital Source account, you will see a prompt to review, and agree to, an End User License Agreement. Please read then check the ‘agree’ box and then click on “Continue".
- You will see a pop up window to register an account.
- If you do not have an account with VitalSource please create one at this time.
- If you already have an account please click on "Sign In" at the top of this pop up.
Your eBook is now associated to your VitalSource account and you may begin using your eBook. We strongly encourage downloading all of your eBooks onto at least one device for long-term access lasting the duration of your academic program. Online access through the site, mbsdirect.vitalsource.com expires after 365 days, but access to downloaded eBooks typically does not expire. You may download the VitalSource bookshelf app at http://www.vitalsource.com/.
For more information on this topic, please contact Customer Care at email@example.com.