Answered By: Jon Allinder
Last Updated: Jan 25, 2022     Views: 9777

You can find dissertations or capstones with a specific chair or committee member by using the drop-down option in the Walden-only version of the ProQuest Dissertations database.

Note: In the ProQuest Dissertations database, the term advisor is used instead of chair

Follow these steps to find dissertations with a specific advisor:

  1. On the Library homepage click on Publications.
  2. Click on the Dissertations & Theses tab.
  3. Click the Dissertations & Theses at Walden University link. You may be prompted to log in with your Walden credentials.
  4. You should now be on the Advanced Search page with more than one search box.
  5. Set up your search:

    In the first search box, enter the chair's name. For example:

    Schumaker, Clarence

    To the right of that, click on the drop-down menu and change it to:

    Advisor — ADV

    Note: For a committee member, change it to Committee member - CMT

    Tip:  if your chair or committee member has a unique surname, try using just the surname. This captures various different first names or initials in the search. For example: 

    ​          Schumaker

  6. Click on the Search button.
  7. To confirm the chair, click the Abstract/Details link for each dissertation and scroll down until you see the Advisor and Committee member information.




More Information:

Do you have other Library questions?  Ask a Librarian!

Related Topics

More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.