Answered By: Lynn VanLeer Last Updated: Aug 29, 2019 Views: 8
Note: ProQuest uses the term advisor instead of chair.
This is useful if you have a chair with a common surname. It is also useful to see the different variations of the name. Sometimes names are entered differently, or there might be a misspelling. The Look up Advisors tool will show those.
On the Library homepage, in the center of the page, click on Dissertations. (you may need to scroll down)
- In the Walden Dissertations box, click the Dissertations & Theses at Walden University link. You may be prompted to log in with your myWalden Portal user name and password.
- You should now be on the Advanced Search page with more than one search box.
- Change the dropdown box in the first row to:
Advisor - ADV
- Click on the link that appears below that box: Look up Advisors
Note: You can also scroll down to find the link lower on the page
- Explore different options in the search box that pops up in the center of the screen.
For example, you can type in your chair's surname and click the Find button to see a list of entries. If you search for Schumaker you will see results such as:
- Schumaker, C. J.
- Schumaker, C. J., Jr.
- Schumaker, C.J.
- Schumaker, Clarence
- Schumaker, Clarence J.
- Schumaker, Clarence J., Jr.
- Schumaker, Clarence, @Jr.
- How do I find dissertations or capstones by chair?
- How do I find dissertations?
Do you have other Library questions? Ask a Librarian!