Answered By: Shawna Burtis
Last Updated: Aug 28, 2023     Views: 418

SKIL Graduate Writing I (quarter/semester) and SKIL Graduate Writing II (quarter/semester) are graded S/U for satisfactory (S, or pass) or unsatisfactory (U, or fail). If you receive a final grade of U in SKIL Graduate Writing I or in SKIL Graduate Writing II, then you will be required to retake the course. If you must take a required writing course again, you will be charged the course cost plus any required taxes and/or fees. If you receive a final grade of U in the same course twice, then the university's standard academic dismissal policy applies for graduate students who repeat a course: Students who receive failing grades twice in the same required course will be dismissed from their doctoral program at Walden University.

If you do not complete your required writing support courses on time, and do not have an approved petition to extend the deadline to complete those courses, you will be academically dismissed from the university. For more information, please see the Doctoral Writing Assessment section of the Walden University Student Handbook.


Please also see: What are my options to petition the doctoral writing assessment?

Please also see: Walden University student handbook

For more information:
Doctoral Writing Assessment Website
E-mail the Doctoral Writing Assessment Team


More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.