Answered By: Lynn VanLeer Last Updated: Jan 11, 2018 Views: 454
Here are the steps to locate theories in our Encyclopedias and Dictionaries databases.
2. In the dropdown choices at the top, click on All Database Types.
3. Click on Encyclopedias and Dictionaries.
4. Click on Gale Virtual Reference Library
You may be prompted for your username and password. This is the same as what you use in your myWalden portal.
5. In the search box type:
theory or theories
Your search box should look like this:
6. Click the magnifying glass without the plus sign to run the search.
7. In the results list, click on the title you want to view
The entry will have an overview of the theory.
- Pay attention to the See also links; these can lead you to the entry for the original theorist. If you scroll down you will see the original works cited, or further reading suggestions.
- Sometimes there are links below the citations that will take you to the article if we have it in our Library.
- You can narrow your search by using options on the right side of the screen under Limit Search by.
Be sure to explore the other options in the Encyclopedias and Dictionaries databases!
- Can I use a database to search for theories?
- How do I find theories in SAGE Knowledge?
- How do I find information on a specific theory?
- Learn how to find books by theorists
- Learn how to find articles by theorists
- Library Guide to Capstone Literature Reviews: Theorists & Theoretical Sources
Do you have other Library questions? Ask a Librarian!