Answered By: Erin Guldbrandsen Last Updated: Jul 16, 2017 Views: 1161
You can find dissertations or capstones by author in the ProQuest Dissertations database by doing an advanced search for the author's name.
Follow these steps to find dissertations by author:
1. On the Library homepage hover your cursor over Search & Find in the toolbar along the top of the page.
2. From the drop-down menu click on Dissertations.
3. In the All Dissertations box, click the Dissertations & Theses link. You may be prompted to log in with your myWalden Portal user name and password.
Search all dissertations
Search all dissertations. You may be prompted to log in with your myWalden Portal user name and password.
4. You should now be on the Advanced Search page with three rows of search boxes.
Note: If you only have one search box on your screen, click on the Advanced Search link above the search box.
5. Set up your search:
In the first search box, enter the author's name with the last name first. For example:
To the right of that, click on the Anywhere except full text — ALL drop-down menu and change it to:
Author — AU
Note: If the author's name is common, try adding a keyword related to the dissertation topic in the second search box.
6. Click on the Search button.
This image shows the search setup:
Do you have other Library questions? Ask a Librarian!