Answered By: Lynn VanLeer Last Updated: Mar 08, 2017 Views: 1173
Encyclopedias can be a good way to begin your research if you are unfamiliar with a term or concept. They can also be very helpful for discovering theories and theorists related to a topic.
Here are the steps to find encyclopedias:
1. Click the Search & Find tab on the Library home page:
2. Click the tab on the left for Encyclopedias & Handbooks.
3. You are now on a search screen with three search boxes, one for each of our encyclopedia collections:
- SAGE Knowledge (formerly SAGE Encyclopedias)
- SAGE Research Methods Online
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
4. Search for keywords in any of the three collections to find encyclopedia entries on a term or concept.
Watch an example search in one of our encyclopedia collections:
Video: Finding and Searching Encyclopedias
(2 min 22 sec) Transcript (PDF)
Do you have other Library questions? Ask a Librarian!