Answered By: Lynn VanLeer Last Updated: Jun 07, 2017 Views: 14862
You can link the Walden Library to Google Scholar by changing the Library Links setting in Google Scholar. This allows you to access the Walden Library's subscriptions when searching Google Scholar.
Tip: If you access Google Scholar from our webpage it will automatically connect to the Walden Library databases.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The manual connection lives in the browser's settings. When you clear your cache it will clear this setting. You will have to reconnect to the Walden Library after clearing your cache.
Follow these steps to manually link Google Scholar to the Walden Library collection:
1. Go to Google Scholar.
2. Click the Settings link which is above and to the right of the Google Scholar icon.
3. In the left column, click on Library Links.
4. In the search box enter Walden and click the blue Search button.
5. An option for Walden University - Find at Walden will appear below the search box. Click in the box next to it.
Note: Leave the Open WorldCat - Library Search box checked. This will allow you to link to any freely available content.
6. Click Save. This setting will be remembered until you clear your browser cookies.
7. Now when you search Google Scholar, you will see Find at Walden links to the right of articles that we have in the Library.
It will look like this image of Find @ Walden:
Watch a video demonstrating how to connect Google Scholar to the Walden Library:
Video: Connect Google Scholar to the Walden Library
(2 min 29 sec) Transcript
- Google Scholar help
- What is Google Scholar?
- Learn how to find an article by title in Google Scholar
- Learn how to find an article by DOI in Google Scholar
Do you have other Library questions? Ask a Librarian!