Answered By: Abigail Caraccio Last Updated: Aug 30, 2017 Views: 1220
Alumni can request to have their Walden University student records authenticated or to receive an apostille. An apostille is a form of authentication applied to documents for countries that participate in the Hague Convention of 1961 to verify certain documents.
- After you receive the e-mail confirmation that your degree has officially been conferred, you may submit your request to have your documents notarized to the Enrollment Verification team at email@example.com.
- Please indicate in your authentication or apostille request if you will be requesting an authentication/apostille for your diploma, transcript, or both items.
- You will also need to order a copy of the document you wish to have authenticated or for which you wish to receive an apostille.
- Diplomas should be requested by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The fee for ordering a diploma is $25.
- Transcripts should be requested by e-mailing email@example.com. The fee for ordering a transcript is $10.
When requesting either a diploma or transcript, you must indicate in your email that the document should be sent to Enrollment Verification for a degree authentication or for your request for an apostille.
- Once Walden has processed your request, and the Enrollment Verification team has obtained your transcript and/or diploma, we will arrange for the appropriate original signatures and the required notarization by a Minnesota notary. Once your document(s) has been signed by the appropriate official of Walden University and notarized by a notary commissioned in the State of Minnesota, it will be returned to you with instructions on how to complete the authentication/apostille process through the Minnesota Secretary of State.
- In order to complete the authentication/apostille process, alumni must provide a written request to the Minnesota Secretary of State (see address below).
The request must indicate the following:
- whether you require an authentication or apostille,
- the country for which the records are intended to be used, and
- a U.S. check or money order in the amount of $5 made payable to the MN Secretary of State.
Please consult the Minnesota Secretary of State website at www.sos.state.mn.us for more detailed information relating to the authentication/apostille process.
Please note: Questions regarding this part of the process should be directed to the Minnesota Secretary of State.
The address for authentication/apostille request is as follows:
Minnesota Secretary of State – Certifications
Retirement Systems of Minnesota Building
60 Empire Drive, Suite 100
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55103-2141
Do you have any additional questions related to the apostille or authentication process?
- For more information about ordering a copy of your diploma, please contact the Graduation team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For more information about ordering a copy of your transcript please contact Customer Care (email@example.com).
- For more information about the degree authentication process please visit the MN Secretary of State’s website (www.sos.state.mn.us).
- For more information about other services available for alumni please visit www.myWaldenalumni.com.