Answered By: Erin Guldbrandsen Last Updated: Jan 07, 2018 Views: 3493
You can find dissertations or capstones with a specific chair by searching for the chair's name and using the Advisor — ADV drop-down option in the Walden-only version of the ProQuest Dissertations database.
Note: In the ProQuest Dissertations database, the chair of the dissertation committee is referred to as the advisor.
Follow these steps to find dissertations with a specific advisor:
1. On the Library homepage, in the center of the page, click on Dissertations.(you may need to scroll down)
2. In the Walden Dissertations box, click the Dissertations & Theses at Walden University link. You may be prompted to log in with your myWalden Portal user name and password.
3. You should now be on the Advanced Search page with three rows of search boxes.
Note: If you only have one search box on your screen, click on the Advanced Search link above the search box.
4. Set up your search:
In the first search box, enter the chair's name. For example:
To the right of that, click on the Anywhere except full text — ALL drop-down menu and change it to:
Advisor — ADV
5. Click on the Search button.
6. To confirm the chair, click the Abstract/Details link for each dissertation and scroll down until you see the Advisor and Committee member information.
Do you have other Library questions? Ask a Librarian!