Answered By: Rachel Willard Last Updated: May 01, 2017 Views: 9037
APA style is a set of style rules and guidelines that allows writers to meet publication standards and maintain consistency with other writers in their field of study. The American Psychological Association (APA) style is used in most social science fields, so most Walden courses use it.
The APA style guidelines address the following:
- Crediting sources
- Document formatting
- Writing style and organization
Walden uses APA to ensure consistent expectations in coursework as well as to prepare students for publication in their field.
- See more general guidelines on APA style.
- See the APA citation webpages for more details on giving credit to your sources and formatting your document properly in APA.
- See tips on how to create reference entries in APA format.
- Check out the Writing Center's APA playlists at the bottom of the web page.
Would you like a current or future assignment to be reviewed by the Writing Center? If so please visit the Writing Center's Paper Review Website and make an appointment with us!
Do you have other general writing questions? E-mail the Writing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other questions about your doctoral capstone or the Form & Style review? E-mail the Dissertation Editors at email@example.com.
Want to peruse other writing resources? Go to the Writing Center’s homepage.