Answered By: Lynn VanLeer Last Updated: Jan 24, 2019 Views: 1617
Answered By: Lynn VanLeer
Last Updated: Jan 24, 2019 Views: 1617
The Nexis Uni database is the best place in the Walden Library to locate court cases.
- On the Library homepage, in the center of the page, click on Databases A-Z.
- Click in the All Subjects box, then click on Legal.
Note: you can also use the letters at the top to navigate to the database you need.
- Click on Nexis Uni .
- Sign in with your myWalden Portal user name and password, if you have not already done so.
- In the big search box, type in your subject, for example:
"duty to warn" OR "duty to protect" OR "duty to report"
- Click the search button.
- On the left hand side of the results page, click on Cases.
- On the results page, scroll down to see various limiters on the left side.
- In the search results, use the box Search Within Results to further narrow your search.
- If you know the name of a case you can type that in the search box.
- If you are in a course that requires you to find court cases or statutes, there might be assignment specific help:
Do you have other Library questions? Ask a Librarian!