Answered By: Juli Konopa Last Updated: Feb 01, 2018 Views: 4
Answered By: Juli Konopa
Last Updated: Feb 01, 2018 Views: 4
In addition to the current technical requirements for Walden’s online courses, the virtual residency requires you to have the following:
- Speakers or headset
- The virtual residency is designed to be a collaborative learning environment. You do have to use audio functions in order to listen to synchronous sessions.
- Microphone – recommended, but not required.
- The synchronous sessions will have a chat feature that can be used in place of microphone.
- Webcam – recommended, but not required.
- Minimum resolution at 640 x 480 standard definition.
- High-speed Internet
- Access to the internet using high speed access (Cable, DSL, Network) is required for all virtual sessions.
- The suggested speed is 1 Mbps or better (broadband recommended).
- To learn about your internet speed, use Speedtest.net as a broadband speed analysis tool that allows anyone to test their Internet connection. The speed test will test all available bandwidth on your network, but it does not take into account other users on the network that may be using bandwidth at the same time.
- Zoom web conferencing software
- You must have the ability to run Zoom software. Go to this website to check your system requirements.