Answered By: Juli Konopa
Last Updated: Dec 13, 2016     Views: 636

Please see the attached website for complete information about the process for international students attending residencies in the U.S.

All non-U.S. students attending Walden residencies in the United States must obtain an I-20 from Walden University for entry into the United States. Students who are citizens of Visa Exempt countries, Canada and Bermuda, do not have to apply for a separate visa; however, these students must obtain an I-20 and pay the SEVIS fee. Students from all other countries, including visa waiver countries, must obtain an F-1 student visa for entry into the United States to attend Walden residencies.

According to this policy, non-U.S. students cannot attend a U.S. residency without having the proper documentation for attending an academic program. This documentation is the I-20 and F-1 student visa or, for students who are citizens of Canada or Bermuda, the I-20 only. If you fail to comply with the Walden policy and attempt to attend a U.S. residency without the proper documentation, you will be denied entry to your U.S. residency.

We recommend registering at least four months in advance in order to allow sufficient time for I-20 processing.

More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.