Answered By: Juli Konopa
Last Updated: Dec 13, 2016     Views: 924

Please see the attached file for complete information about the process for international students attending residencies in the U.S. and visit the Academic Residencies Form I-20 website.

The U.S. Department of State requires, “All non-U.S. students attending Walden residencies in the United States must obtain an I-20 from Walden University for entry into the United States. Students who are citizens of Visa Exempt countries, Canada and Bermuda, do not have to apply for a separate visa; however, these students must obtain an I-20 and pay the SEVIS fee. Students from all other countries, including visa waiver countries, must obtain an F-1 student visa for entry into the United States to attend Walden residencies.”

According to this policy, non-U.S. students cannot attend a U.S. residency without having the proper documentation for attending an academic program. This documentation is the I-20 and F-1 student visa or, for students who are citizens of Canada or Bermuda, the I-20 only. If students fail to comply with the Walden policy and attempt to attend a U.S. residency without the proper documentation, they will be denied entry to your U.S. residency.

The visa process will take some time to complete so students should register for their residency and begin the process of obtaining their I-20 and F-1 visa at least four months in advance of the residency start date.

More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.