Answered By: Abigail Caraccio
Last Updated: Mar 13, 2019     Views: 378

The Office of Financial Aid processes awards on a rolling basis. You must have a completed application 30 days prior to the end of the term in order for funds to be processed for that term.  However, we recommend that you complete a Financial Aid Application at least 4 weeks prior to the start of a term.  A completed application includes all documents required for the awarding and disbursing of funds. These include, but are not limited to:

  • Proof of Social Security number

  • Proof of legal name

  • Proof of date of birth

  • Proof of citizenship

  • Proof of registration with the Selective Service

  • Official IRS tax return transcript (personal copies of tax returns are not accepted for 2012–2013)

  • Copies of W-2 forms

  • Documentation of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits

  • Documentation of child support paid

  • Documentation of federal student loan default resolution

  • Documentation of federal student grant overpayment resolution

To determine what documents you need to complete, go to your myWalden portal. Within your student portal click the "MENU" icon on the top left. Here you will select "My Finances" under “Quick Links.” From the "My Finances" page, select "View Your Financial Aid Account" and now you will see your Financial Aid Account.

Finally, select the Documents link under Menu to view a list of all the documents you need to complete.

New students: Award notifications will be made to students with completed financial aid files. However, Walden cannot process the student’s financial aid until all official transcripts are received by the Office of Admissions.

Current students: If students are beginning a new Walden program within a term of just completing a prior Walden program, financial aid for the new program cannot be disbursed until the degree/certificate is conferred by the Office of the Registrar.

The Office of Financial Aid (OFA) will continue to accept applications, offer awards, and process disbursements in the last 30 days of the term.  However, the OFA cannot be held responsible if funds are not able to disburse for the term due to delays that occur that are outside our control including the inability of students to acquire and submit required documentation within the necessary timeframes.

For more information on this topic, please contact The Office of Financial Aid at

More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.