Answered By: Abigail Caraccio
Last Updated: Aug 22, 2018     Views: 321

Federal financial aid is awarded based on an estimate of your eligibility. The Office of Financial Aid may have to cancel or reduce financial aid before or after disbursement, based on new information that becomes available after the time of awarding or disbursement. Examples of changes that would require adjustments to aid:

  • You do not begin attendance in any courses.

  • As a Pell grant recipient, you do not begin attendance in all courses of the term.

  • You withdraw from all courses in the term (officially or unofficially).

  • You receive other resources not reported at the time of awarding or disbursement.

  • You become federally ineligible based on the receipt of updated information from the U.S. Department of Education.

  • You do not meet course participation requirements.

  • You enroll in only one course, which may require an adjustment of federal aid. (Most students are awarded based on the assumption of enrollment in two classes per quarter/semester.)

  • Change of program.

Note: In some instances, a federal Return of Title IV (R2T4) calculation will be required. Details may be found in a later section of this document.

For more information on this topic, please contact The Office of Financial Aid at

More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.