Answered By: Abigail Caraccio
Last Updated: Aug 30, 2017     Views: 2718

Grades at Walden are either issued on the A-F scale or on a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory basis. Your syllabus in class will define for you the percentage required to earn a specific grade for that class. A U grade will not earn you credit and will cause you to be on First Warning for Academic Progress if that grade is in a required course. (Residencies, Writing Intensives, and WCSS courses with U grades do not warrant being on Academic Warning.)

Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grades are limited to the following:

  • Non-credit courses
  • Foundations courses for some programs
  • Foundation Research Sequence seminars and courses
  • Practicum and internship courses
  • Thesis, ePortfolio, dissertation, and doctoral study courses
  • Research Forum
  • Residency
  • Writing Intensive


Need more information? Find out how to contact an academic advisor to learn more.

Related Topics

More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.