Answered By: Abigail Caraccio
Last Updated: Aug 30, 2017     Views: 17661

If you fail a course (by earning a U or an F grade), you will be on First Warning for Academic Progress for earning a U or F grade in a required course. You are required to retake any courses that are required for your program, and it is strongly recommended that you retake electives to meet minimum grade point average requirements. If you fail the same course a second time (or a third time, if you are an undergraduate student) you will be eligible for dismissal.

When you retake a course and pass it, the new grade will be calculated into your overall GPA. The original failing grade and all attempts, however, will remain on your transcript.

Please contact your Student Success Advisor for more information regarding the terms of your Academic Progress Warning.


Need more information? Find out how to contact a Student Success Advisor to learn more.

More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.