Answered By: Abigail Caraccio
Last Updated: Feb 13, 2018     Views: 1320

To receive aid from any U.S. federal student aid programs administered by Walden University's Office of Financial Aid, you must meet all of the following criteria:

  • Be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen
  • Have a high-school diploma or a GED certificate
  • Enroll in an eligible program as a regular student seeking a degree or certificate
  • Be registered with the Selective Service, if required
  • Have a valid Social Security Number (with the exception of students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau)
  • Meet satisfactory academic progress standards
  • Not be in default on any federal student loan or owe an overpayment on a federal student grant
  • Not exceed the lifetime aggregate or annual loan limits without documentation that the debt has been reaffirmed

Be advised that a conviction for any offense, during a period of enrollment for which a student is receiving Title IV financial aid, under any federal or state law involving the possession or sale of illegal drugs will result in the loss of eligibility for any Title IV grant, loan, or work assistance.


More Information:


Do you have other questions about financial aid? Call us at 800-925-3368 or email us at


More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.