Answered By: Kristina Harris
Last Updated: Mar 08, 2019     Views: 331

Can I add someone to my Ph.D. committee who is not a Walden faculty member?

Only in very rare cases may students include an external (non-Walden) member to their dissertation or doctoral study committee. You will need to show that no one on the Walden faculty has the expertise needed to mentor or evaluate a specific aspect of your research topic appropriately. View more information about the requirements for adding an external committee member.


For further information, please contact

More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.