Answered By: Abigail Caraccio
Last Updated: Mar 13, 2019     Views: 5382

Walden University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements to receive Title IV student financial aid comply with U.S. Department of Education regulations. These standards are intended to establish minimum, reasonable levels of advancement toward degree completion and to guard against abuse of federal financial aid programs. Satisfactory progress requirements for receipt of federal financial aid are separate and distinct from the university’s academic progress requirements for academic continuance.

Satisfactory academic progress for all students is reviewed after each period of enrollment. Students receive written notification to their Walden University e-mail account if they are placed on financial aid warning status. Upon receiving this status, students have one period of enrollment to return to the standards listed below. If students do not meet these standards, they may appeal for a period of financial aid probation. If the appeal is not granted, students become ineligible for federal financial aid.

It is the student’s responsibility to know the requirements for meeting satisfactory academic progress. Failure to receive notification will not nullify a student’s financial aid status with Walden University.

For more information about Financial Aid eligibility in relation to Academic Progress, please visit the Handbook or contact Financial Aid directly. Financial Aid can be reached by dialing 1-800-925-3368 (for international numbers, please visit the International Contact Information page) or via email at

More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.