Answered By: Abigail Caraccio
Last Updated: Aug 31, 2017     Views: 2042

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student educational records. For additional information, please visit the U.S. Department of Education.

If a family member or friend wishes to contact the university on a student’s behalf, the student will need to fill out a FERPA release form granting permission for the university to give his or her information to a specific family member or friend.


Need more information? Find out how to contact a Student Success Advisor to learn more.


More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.