Answered By: Abigail Caraccio
Last Updated: Aug 31, 2017     Views: 897

A Contingency Hold is placed on students’ accounts if they are missing an official copy of their transcripts from their alma mater. Official copies of transcripts are those that are sent to Walden University directly from the alma mater, in a signed and sealed envelope to ensure that the transcripts have not been altered. Official copies may also be emailed directly from the alma mater to Walden, using the address.

Students typically apply and can even start their Walden program with an unofficial copy of the transcript and are given a few months’ time to submit an official copy. If the copy is not received before the end of the first term, a Contingency Hold is placed on students’ account. This hold will prevent registration for upcoming terms and will not be lifted until the official copies have been received by Walden. Your enrollment advisor can assist with questions related to your official transcript during the enrollment process.


Need more information? Find out how to contact a Student Success Advisor to learn more.