Answered By: Paul Lai Last Updated: Jul 17, 2023 Views: 24721
Prewriting is the process that you go through before beginning to type out your paper. Prewriting includes the following:
- Critical reading
- Choosing a topic
- Organizing your information
- Analyzing information before you begin to write your draft.
See the Writing Center's prewriting page for some tips on this process. The recorded webinar "Prewriting Techniques: Taking the First Steps" can also assist you in discovering ways to prewrite effectively.
- View the Academic Skills Center's critical reading page.
- See some tips on how to overcome writer’s block.
- Learn how to organize your information.
- View a page on brainstorming tips.
- See a definition and discussion of critical thinking.
Would you like a current or future assignment to be reviewed by the Writing Center? If so please visit the Writing Center's Paper Review Website and make an appointment with us!
Do you have other general writing questions? Ask OASIS!
Other questions about your doctoral capstone or the Form & Style review? E-mail the Dissertation Editors at [email protected].
Want to peruse other writing resources? Go to the Writing Center’s homepage.