Answered By: Rachel Willard Last Updated: Apr 20, 2017 Views: 444
The Writing Center’s appointments tend to fill quickly. However, if you check back each day, a new day’s appointments will open and become available to reserve.
Immediate assistance options:
- Chat. The Writing Center offers live chat. To view our Live Chat Page scroll down on the left-hand column of the Writing Center's homepage for the schedule.
- Webinars. You can also check out the Writing Center's archived webinars, which might help with a particular issue you are having in your paper.Web resources. The Writing Center handouts, links, and APA and writing advice on the Writing Center website as well. For tips, check out the Writing Center's Getting Started webpage.
- Waiting list. You can join a waiting list to be notified of appointment openings for a specific date or dates of your choosing. For more information on how to join a waiting list, see the “Joining a Waiting List” instructions on our Paper Reviews page.
- Grammarly. Another available resource is Grammarly (one of the blue buttons on the left hand side of the Writing Center's home page), an automated revision tool that reviews your paper at the sentence level to check for grammar and other mechanical issues. See What is Grammarly? for more suggestions on how best to use this tool.
- E-mail. Feel free to e-mail the Writing Center specific questions about your work at firstname.lastname@example.org. Writing Center staff strive to respond to all student inquiries within 24 hours.
For future drafts, look for open appointments in advance. Even if you don't have a completed draft at the time you schedule an appointment, you can still finish your draft and attach it to your appointment before your appointment date.
Would you like your current assignment or paper to be reviewed by the Writing Center? If so please visit the Writing Center's Paper Review Website and make an appointment with us!
Do you have other general writing questions? E-mail the Writing Center at email@example.com.
Other questions about your doctoral capstone or the Form & Style review? E-mail the Dissertation Editors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to peruse other writing resources? Go to the Writing Center’s homepage.