Answered By: Shawna Burtis Last Updated: Sep 11, 2023 Views: 1381
Considerations and Limitations of Grammarly
You can use Grammarly however it benefits you most, but note that Grammarly’s ability to diagnose errors is weaker in papers with complex syntax. Writers developing their sentence-level skills should think of this service as a supplement to live writing assistance like faculty feedback, a paper review, or writing courses.
Resetting Your Password
If you use the password reset option for Grammarly but do not receive an email with password reset instructions to your Walden email account, either to your Inbox folder or the Bulk/Junk/Spam folder, please follow the steps below:
- Ensure you created a Grammarly account with your Walden email and not a personal email address. To do so, enter your Walden email address on the Grammarly Create Your Account page. If you already have an account created, you will receive the message “This email is already linked to a Grammarly account.” (Tip: check that you included the u in waldenu.edu.)
- If you confirm that you have already created an account, try resubmitting your information on the Grammarly login page by clicking "Can’t sign in?”
- If you continue to experience technical issues logging into Grammarly, please contact Grammarly Support. See Grammarly’s Resolve Issues page or Submit a Request to Grammarly.
Reading a Grammarly Score
Your score in Grammarly is usually equivalent to the number of changes Grammarly suggests you make in a draft. As you continue working on a draft and implementing Grammarly’s suggestions, your score should improve.
Because it is automated, Grammarly does have limitations. A program such as Grammarly should be used as a supplement rather than a substitute for revision and proofreading. Thus, a Grammarly score should be used only as a general guide, not as a final consultation. There is no particular score that OASIS or the university deems appropriate. Instead, aim to edit your draft as completely as possible.
If you are having tech issues with Grammarly, visit the Grammarly Help and Support website.
- Review some self-paced modules on specific grammar topics, and then go through a few to build your grammar skills.
- Take a look at these grammar resources.
Would you like writing feedback on a discussion post or assignment? Visit Paper Reviews for more information.
Do you have other academic writing questions? Ask OASIS.
Do you have questions about your doctoral capstone or the Form & Style review? E-mail the Dissertation Editors at [email protected].
Want to peruse other writing resources? Visit Writing Skills.