Answered By: Abigail Caraccio
Last Updated: Mar 18, 2020     Views: 69

A Consortium Agreement is an agreement between schools whereby the Home School disburses federal aid for courses taken at a Host School. The Host School agrees not to disburse federal aid and to monitor the student’s enrollment for the Home School. Consortium Agreements may be made between Walden University (Home School) and a Host School if the student has been approved by Walden to take course work at the host institution that will transfer toward the Walden degree program.  

Walden degree seeking students must submit to the Walden Office of Financial Aid a copy of the Walden University Letter of Permission to Take a Course at Another Institution Form that is signed by Walden’s Admissions Office and a Consortium Agreement Form signed by the host school’s financial aid office.  

Students must also meet all other federal eligibility requirements. If the student is approved for a consortium agreement by Walden, Walden University will disburse Federal Aid to the Walden student account and the Bursar’s office will issue the refund to the student. The student is responsible for meeting payment deadlines set by the Host School. Walden University does not pay the host school on behalf of the student and Walden University does not alter the financial aid disbursement schedule to meet deadlines set by the Host School.  

Need more information? Find out how to contact a Student Success Advisor to learn more.

More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.