Answered By: Lisa Raymond Last Updated: Jan 14, 2020 Views: 18
Download the Microsoft Multifactor app to your smartphone
to make logging into the student portal a snap!
Walden uses multifactor authentication (MFA) to protect your university login. The Microsoft Multifactor app is the fastest way to confirm your Walden account log in.
Download the app to your smartphone
- On your smartphone, go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Search for the "Microsoft Authenticator app".
- Install the app.
Set up app notifications for multifactor authentication
- On your computer, go to the multifactor authentication (MFA) setup page.
- In the preferred option section, select "Notify me through the app".
- Add your smartphone number.
- Check the box for "Authenticator app or Token" and click the "Set up Authenticator app" button.
- Leave this page up until you add your account and you see the verification screen.
Set up your Walden account
- On your smartphone: Open the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Tap the plus (+) sign in the top right corner.
- Select “Work or school account”.
- Scan the QR code image on the Configure mobile app window on the page open on your computer.
- On your computer: click "Next".
- Wait for the setup to complete. When you see the verification screen, click "Save".
- The system will verify the settings by sending a notification to your smartphone. When it arrives, open the notification and tap "Approve".