Answered By: Martin Culberson Last Updated: Nov 28, 2018 Views: 11
The Career Services website provides the tools to help you prepare for your next career chapter. As you progress through your Walden program, consider how to gain experience in your field, build new networking connections, and communicate your skills and achievements to employers and other professionals. The following activities can help you pivot toward your next career chapter:
- Learn more about Walden Career Services by registering for the webinar, Discover Career Services, from the Career Services homepage or watch a recorded version.
- Visit the Career Exploration area to identify your interests, skills, and strengths; research employers and organizations; and learn about multiple career fields.
- Consider joining a professional association in your target field, researching open positions using field-specific job banks, and becoming active in LinkedIn Groups. Visit the Resources by College page and select your interest area (Education, Health Sciences, Management and Technology, or Social and Behavioral Sciences) to access lists of associations, job boards, and LinkedIn Groups.
- Explore ways to gain experience during your Walden program by visiting the Optional Internships and Volunteerism page and use the Job and Internship Search page to find an experiential opportunity.
- Increase your offline and online networking efforts by visiting the Networking and Branding tab and engaging in Career Connections events.
- Prepare for your next move by updating your resume, cover letter, and career portfolio with new skills, knowledge areas, and experience. OptimalResume system is a career management tools with 400+ templates to help you share your achievements.
For additional job search and career management resources, visit the Career Services Center homepage.