Answered By: Angie Lira
Last Updated: Oct 29, 2018     Views: 798


All learners must be at least 18 years old. If you have questions about the age restriction, please contact


You must have a valid U.S. passport that expires no earlier than 6 months after the departure date.

Non-U.S. citizens: If you do not have a U.S. passport, you are responsible for contacting your home country’s embassy to determine the necessary travel documents.

Physical Requirements

All trips are intense, involving 10–12- hour days, because learners spend such a short period of time in one location. The schedules are designed to take full advantage of the many activities each country has to offer. Depending on the country, a great deal of walking may be needed to navigate through the cities, especially as some areas may not allow buses. Be prepared to walk, and pack comfortable shoes.

International Student Travel

All students are welcome to attend, but if you are traveling from an international location you may want to make your own flight arrangements, as going through the vendor might be more expensive. You will have the option to request pricing through the vendor when you register for the trip. In addition, please read on for important information regarding travel documents, such as visas and passports.


You do not need to speak the language of the host country to participate in study abroad. All trips include a designated 24-hour tour director who has knowledge and expertise in the culture and language. However, please be aware that the locals in each area will be speaking their native language.

More Information

What are some academic considerations for participating in Walden Study Abroad?

How do I prepare for my Walden Study Abroad trip?

To learn more about the study abroad program, please contact

More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.