Answered By: Juli Konopa Last Updated: Sep 25, 2019 Views: 57
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS, ACCESS TO THE STUDENT CONTENT SITE AND OTHER SITES TO WHICH IT LINKS (COLLECTIVELY THE “Website”) IS NOT PERMITTED. THE WEBSITE IS ANY LAUREATE EDUCATION, INC. WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE RESIDENCY APP SERVICE. ACCESS IS RESTRICTED TO LAUREATE INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY NETWORK STUDENTS, FACULTY AND STAFF, SPECIFICALLY WALDEN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS, FACULTY AND STAFF ONLY.
This Website, has been established and is maintained by Laureate Education, Inc. on behalf of itself and the Laureate International University network institutions (together, “Laureate”). Access to this site is being made available to you by Laureate. The distribution of material on this site may be restricted by the laws and regulations of the country from which you are accessing this site. Where such restrictions exist, this information is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any such jurisdiction in contravention of those laws and regulations, and persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about and to observe any such restrictions.
Access to this Website is granted to you for your personal, educational purposes only. No other use of this Website, including commercial use, is permissible.
If you are accessing this Website but you have not been granted official access privileges by Laureate, please log off immediately. If you have been granted access, do not share your login information with others. By accessing or using this Website, or other Laureate websites, you are deemed to have represented and agreed that such access is provided to you as a revocable privilege on the condition of your agreement to the terms and conditions of access to this Website set forth in this agreement, including all terms and conditions that may be stated on individual pages of the site, which are incorporated into this agreement by reference. Laureate reserves the right to discontinue transmission, or to terminate access to this website at any time, in whole or in part, in its sole discretion and without notice. The following terms and conditions may be updated from time to time at Laureate’s sole discretion.
Disclaimers / Warranties / Limitation of Liability
While using this Website you will have access to materials, documents, images, graphics, logos, design, audio, video, text and any other information provided through our websites (collectively, “Content”). Laureate makes no representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the Content provided. The Content you find on this website is provided “as is,” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranty for information, services, or products provided through or in connection with this website and any implied warranties and conditions, whether statutory, arising from the course of dealing, or otherwise, of merchantability, quality, fitness for a particular purpose, expectation of privacy, accuracy, completeness, performance, currency, or non-infringement.
By merely providing access to our website Content, Laureate does not warrant or represent that the Content is accurate or complete; the Content is up-to-date or current; that Laureate has a duty to update any content; or that the Content is free from technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. You specifically acknowledge that Laureate is not liable for any defamatory, offensive, infringing or illegal materials or conduct, or that of third parties contained on this website, and Laureate reserves the right to remove such materials from this website without liability.
LAUREATE DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR CLAIM OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF, OR ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM CONTENT, INCLUDING TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH HOT LINKS IN ANY CONTENT, (C) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE, (D) ANY USE OF THE WEB SITE OR ANY CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN, (E) ANY USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENT, OR (F) ANY RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
IN NO EVENT SHALL LAUREATE OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, OR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS OF GOODWILL IN ANY WAY ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF ANY OBLIGATIONS UNDER THESE TERMS, INCLUDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, EVEN IF LAUREATE HAS BEEN NOTIFIED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES OCCURRING. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT MAY YOU BRING ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION AGAINST LAUREATE MORE THAN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER SUCH CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISES. YOU MAY NOT PROVIDE ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE TO ANY PERSON NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS THIS WEBSITE.
Laureate is not responsible for the content of any third-party-linked site that is not owned or controlled by Laureate, or of any other links contained in such third-party sites. Laureate provides links to you for your convenience only, and the inclusion of any link to a site not owned by Laureate is not an endorsement by Laureate of the site or its contents. Laureate assumes no responsibility for any other party’s site hyperlinked to this Website or in which any part of this Website has been hyperlinked.
No permission is granted here for you to use Laureate’s icons, site address, or other means to hyperlink other websites with any page in this Website. You must obtain prior written permission to hyperlink in any manner to this Website.
All Content including, but not limited to, text, audio and video files, which you upload to this Website (Submission) will be available to those to whom Laureate has granted access privileges per standard classroom policies and procedures. You represent and warrant that you have the right to upload any such Submission and make it available to those who have been granted access privileges.
All opinions and statements made by you in any Submission are yours alone and Laureate neither condones nor endorses the reliability or accuracy of such statements.
You agree that you will obtain personality/publicity rights permission from any individual whose name, photograph, image, voice, or other likeness rights appear in any Submission you upload to the Website. This permission must be evidenced by the completion of the release form which can be found here by the person whose likeness appears in the Submission.
By uploading a Submission, you agree that you will not:
- upload, post, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy (including any address, email, phone number, or any other contact information without the written consent of the owner of such information), hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Laureate official, forum leader, guide, or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, including Laureate;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Submission;
- upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary rights of any party;
- upload, post, or transmit unsolicited commercial email or "spam". This includes unethical marketing, advertising, or any other practice that is in any way connected with "spam," such as (a) sending mass email to recipients who have not requested email from you or with a fake return address, (b) promoting a site with deceptive or otherwise inappropriate links, titles, descriptions, or (c) promoting your site by posting multiple submissions in public forums that are identical;
- upload, post, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law;
- "stalk" or otherwise harass another;
- promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals. This may include, without limitation, providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades, or other weapons or incendiary devices;
- offer for sale or sell any item, good, or service that (a) violates any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation, (b) you do not have full power and authority under all relevant laws and regulations to offer and sell, including all necessary licenses and authorizations, or (c) Laureate determines, in its sole discretion, is inappropriate for sale through the services provided by Laureate;
- use the Website as a forwarding service to another web site;
- allow usage by others in such a way as to violate these terms;
- take any steps to interfere with or in any manner compromise any of Laureate’s security measures;
- use the Website for fraudulent purposes;
- harvest or collect any information about or regarding others who access the Website, including, without limitation, any personal data or information;
- copy the Website Content (other than as provided under United States copyright laws);
- remove any proprietary notices from the Website;
- cause, permit, or authorize the modification, creation of derivative works of, or translation of the Content without the express permission of Laureate; (v) sell, assign, rent, lease, act as a service bureau, or grant rights in the Content including, without limitation, through sublicense, to any other person or entity;
- attempt to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, or hack the Website or underlying software, or to defeat or overcome any encryption and/or digital rights management technology implemented by Laureate with respect to the Website and/or data transmitted, processed, or stored by Laureate; or
- use this Website for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these terms.
If you are reported to be in violation of any of these terms, Laureate reserves the right to terminate your access to this Website.
By uploading a Submission to the Website you hereby grant Laureate a limited license to review the Submission for the purposes of comment, criticism, and grading; to distribute the Submission to other students for educational purposes; to process the Submission in an anti-plagiarism application, database or service of Laureate’s choosing; to make and retain copies of the Submission; to image the Submission for computerized grading; and to archive the Submission in a publicly accessible collection. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Laureate harmless from and against any and all claims, suits or proceedings, demands, losses, damages, liabilities and costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or resulting from the actual or alleged infringement of any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or any other intellectual property right in connection with any Submission.
Laureate will not be required to treat any Submission as confidential and will not be liable for any ideas for its business.
If any Content uploaded by you, in whatever format, is deemed by Laureate, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate for whatever reason, Laureate reserves the right to remove such material from the Website. Laureate is not responsible for any inappropriate Submission.
All Submissions should comply with the standards outlined in your institution’s Policies and Code of Conduct.
The materials presented on this site comprise media in various formats including, but not limited to, graphics, audio and video downloads and text (collectively, “Media”). Media items may be presented with a list of restrictions regarding use and these restrictions may vary from one media item to the next. You agree to abide by any restrictions that accompany each Media item. You also agree to indemnify and hold Laureate and respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims, suits or proceedings, demands, losses, damages, liabilities and costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or resulting from your actual or alleged misuse or infringement of any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property right in connection with any Media item. You agree to defend any indemnified party, at Laureate’s request, against any such claim, demand or suit.
“Laureate”, “Laureate Education, Inc.”, “Laureate International Universities”, and Laureate International University network institution names are registered trademarks and service marks of Laureate Education, Inc. or its affiliates. Except to the extent permitted by applicable law in the absence of any express license or other grant of rights, you are not permitted to use any trade name, trademark, service mark, logo or commercial symbol, or any other proprietary rights of Laureate in any manner (including without limitation, reference to the other party as a client, customer or supplier in any press release, advertisement or other promotional material) inconsistent with the business purposes of Laureate. Any use of the trademarks and service marks of Laureate requires prior written approval. All benefits of such use shall inure to the benefit of Laureate.
Educational institution brand names and logos included on this website are for informational and/or attribution purposes only and are the intellectual property of those educational institutions. Absent a separate, written agreement from an educational institution granting express rights, you are not permitted to use any trade name, trademark, service mark, logo or commercial symbol, or any other proprietary rights of another educational institution in any manner.
This Website is copyrighted by Laureate Education, Inc. The contents of this Website, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, and icons are copyrighted materials owned or licensed by Laureate and contain Laureate’s name, trademarks, service marks, and trade names. Neither title nor intellectual property rights are transferred to you, but remain with Laureate, who owns full and complete title. By accessing this Website you agree to observe all restriction notices associated with the Content found on the Website.
Suspension and Termination
Laureate reserves the right to issue a warning, temporarily or indefinitely suspend or terminate your use of the Website in its sole discretion.
Local Laws and Export Control
Laureate controls this Website and its Content from its headquarters in the United States of America. If you use this Website and its Content from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws including but limited to the export and import regulations of other countries.
Questions about these terms should be directed in writing to:
Legal Department Laureate Education, Inc.
650 South Exeter Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Copyright 2011-2013 Laureate Education, Inc.