Answered By: Shawna Burtis Last Updated: Aug 14, 2019 Views: 0
Graduate Writing II - Intermediate Composition Skills is a course that is designed to help you strengthen your scholarly writing skills, with a focus on paraphrasing, synthesizing, and evaluating main ideas.
NOTE: This course is for Master's and Doctoral students who have successfully completed 6055 or 6056: Graduate Writing I: Basic Composition, or have been recommended to take this course from a course instructor.
$195 + applicable taxes and/or fees
Quarter Term Dates
1.5 credits, 6 weeks
- July 8, 2019 - August 18, 2019
- August 26, 2019 - October 6, 2019
- September 9, 2019 - October 20, 2019
- November 25, 2019 - January 5, 2020
- February 24, 2020 - April 5, 2020
- June 1, 2020 - July 12, 2020
Semester Term Dates
1 credit, 6 weeks
- July 15, 2019 - August 25, 2019
- September 3, 2019 - October 13, 2019
- November 11, 2019 - December 22, 2019
- January 6, 2020 - February 16, 2020
- March 16, 2020 - April 26, 2020
- May 4, 2020 - June 14, 2020
- July 13, 2020 - August 23, 2020
Contact your Student Success Advisor to register.
- Evaluate scholarly writing skills and strategies for strengths and opportunities for improvement
- Use a functional writing strategy that incorporates critical reading and research, prewriting, drafting, revising, and editing
- Write an evaluative essay with cohesive paragraphs that synthesize main ideas
- Incorporate Instructors’ comments on written work into revised drafts
- Assess progress with writing skills and strategies
- Develop a plan for continued learning of scholarly writing
- What is the tuition cost of a CAEX course, seminar, or workshop, and can I use financial aid?
- How much time can I expect to spend on a CAEX course?
- Are there any required texts for CAEX courses, seminars, or workshops?
- How are CAEX courses, seminars, and workshops graded?
- Does my performance in a CAEX course, seminar, or workshop affect my Grade Point Average (GPA)?
Do you have a question about the CAEX courses or workshops? E-mail us at email@example.com.