Answered By: Juli Konopa Last Updated: Oct 09, 2018 Views: 75
Prior to your Walden event, you will receive communication about Title IX/Clery Act training requiring your participation in online courses titled called “Sexual Assault Prevention” and “AlcoholEdu for College”.
These online courses are a mandatory requirement for all students in programs with a field experience, intensive, pre-practicum, residency, skills lab, or other on-the-ground experience requirement, and must be completed prior to your attendance. Additionally, this online education will empower you to make well-informed decisions about issues that may affect you.
NOTE: If you have taken the Title IX/Clery courses within the last 12 months, you will not receive a link and do not have to complete the training again at this time. These courses are required annually.
The courses are an important part of our compliance with Title IX and Clery Act regulations and will take approximately 2 hours to complete. For those of you who are not familiar with Title IX and the Clery Act, they are comprehensive federal laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex and require certain safety and security policies to be put in place and data reported for federally funded institutions.
To fulfill Walden’s requirement, you will need an EVERFI account to access the course from your Dashboard*. To complete this process, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY.
- Go to: http://www.everfi.com/login and click Register
- Under “Student/Learner,” enter the Registration Code: waldenu and click “Next” to create your EVERFI account
When prompted, please enter your WALDEN STUDENT ID NUMBER to receive credit for completion.
Please enter your WALDEN EMAIL ADDRESS when prompted for email address.
- Complete Part 1 of the “Sexual Assault Prevention” and “AlcoholEdu for College” training prior to the first day of your on-the-ground experience.
- After 30 days you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of the“Sexual Assault Prevention” and “AlcoholEdu for College” training, which must be completed within 10 days of receipt.
*If you already have an EVERFI Higher Ed account, go to http://www.everfi.com/login, enter your login information, then enter registration code waldenu in the “Add a Course” box in the top right corner of the Dashboard.
For technical support:
- Click the support link and either Call, Chat Live, or Submit an Issue to EverFi.
- Advise that you are a Walden University student.
- You may need to reference the registration code, waldenu.
- Describe the access challenges you are facing.
- You may be asked to send a screenshot of the issue.
- If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com.
We hope that this course will provide you with meaningful and important information to ensure we are promoting a healthier and safer campus environment for all.
For questions related to accessing and completing the Title IX/Clery training please email firstname.lastname@example.org.