Answered By: Juli Konopa Last Updated: Sep 13, 2018 Views: 153
You are required to attend at least one individual, 20-minute advising session with either Academic Advising, faculty or by attending a Writing Center Q&A session.
Please use the instructions below to schedule your advising appointment(s) for the days/times you will be attending the virtual residency synchronous sessions.
- Appointment times are set to Eastern Standard Time. Please refer to the World Clock to note the time differences for your own time zone. You may reserve your appointment time(s) beginning 3 days prior to the first day of synchronous sessions.
To schedule an appointment with a faculty member or academic advisor, follow the steps below:
Step 1.Login to your myWalden portal.
Step 2.Find and click the HELP button in the upper right-hand corner of your portal.
Step 3.Click Schedule an Appointment
Step 4.Scroll to the bottom and select your Residency program (e.g. Virtual Residency Advising)
Trouble Shooting Tips:
- You may need to click the teal box titled Appointment Scheduling system and use the down arrow on your computer to scroll down to find your residency program.
- If the dates/times of the appointments do not mirror your residency time frame, please ensure you clicked the proper link in Step 4.
Step 5.Select Make Appointment.
Step 6.Select the relevant appointment reason and click Continue. You may select more than one appointment reason.
Step 7.Select a specific day, then select a range of time for your availability on that day:
- Select a start time (i.e. 8:00 AM)
- Select an end time (i.e. 9:00 AM)
- Select ALL for faculty or advisor names
Step 8.Click Find Appointments.
Trouble Shooting Tip: If you do not see any faculty or staff names populating the advisor name section, you need to clear the cookies and/or history within your internet browser.
Step 9.Click the asterisk (*) next to the appointment you would like to schedule.
Step 10.Enter the requested information, then click Continue.
Step 11.The next screen will confirm your appointment. You will also receive a confirmation email.
Your registration confirmation email also contains specific information about scheduling advising appointments during your residency. Click on Advising Appointments.
Advising appointment availability for residencies varies by program. You can reserve your advising appointment time slot(s) starting 3 days prior to the first day of synchronous sessions.
Plan to get the most out of your advising appointments by bringing your plan of study, your resume/vita, your research and/or library questions, etc.