Answered By: Juli Konopa
Last Updated: Feb 01, 2018     Views: 232

Yes, your military education benefit will cover a required Residency.  Your residency must be a requirement for your degree program. Consulting Skills Intensives and Writing Intensive residencies are not covered by the benefit. In order to be certified for the residency, you must submit a Residency Statement Form.

VA compensation for Residencies

  • Residencies are certified in clock hours; in order to be considered full-time, you will need to complete at least 18 hours. If you are attending a virtual residency, you will need to complete 18 hours for weeks 2 and 3 of the residency.
  • The VA will pay only the residency fee charged by Walden and only at your eligibility rate provided by the VA.
  • The VA will not reimburse any travel, food, lodging or other fees associated with the residency.
  • Based on eligibility for BAH, during the time in attendance at Residency you will be paid based on the MN resident for an E5 with dependents.

Need more information?  Contact

More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.