Answered By: Juli Konopa
Last Updated: Dec 13, 2016     Views: 365

The rules and regulations of the US Department of State require all non-US students attending Walden residencies in the United States to obtain an I-20 from Walden University for entry into the United States. Students who are citizens of Visa Exempt countries, Canada and Bermuda, do not have to apply for a separate visa; however, these students must obtain an I-20 and pay the SEVIS fee. Students from all other countries, including visa waiver countries, must also obtain an F-1 student visa for entry into the United States to attend Walden residencies.

Therefore, non-US students cannot attend a US residency without having the proper documentation for attending an academic program. This documentation is the I-20 and F-1 student visa or, for students who are citizens of Canada or Bermuda, the I-20 only.

Please see the attached website for complete information about the process for international students attending residencies in the U.S.

More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.