Answered By: Emily Dahlen
Last Updated: Sep 22, 2017     Views: 336

You will be enrolled in your first required writing course on its next start date following completion of DRWA 8000G/8001G. Required writing courses cannot be dropped. Instead, you have a one-time only option to petition to delay one writing course by one term. If you are required to complete two writing courses, you may petition to delay only one of them for one term. 

Petitions to delay a required writing course must be submitted before or during Week 1 of the writing course you wish to delay. Petitions requesting delay submitted after Week 1 will not be reviewed. Please read the doctoral writing assessment petitions FAQ for details.

Students who do not satisfactorily complete all required writing courses within a year of receiving their assessment essay score will be academically dismissed from the university.

For more information:

More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.