Answered By: Erin Guldbrandsen Last Updated: Jan 05, 2018 Views: 1370
Follow the steps below to schedule a doctoral research appointment with a librarian in your subject area:
1. Start on the Library's homepage.
2. In the upper right, Click on Ask a Librarian.
3. Click on Doctoral Research Appointment, then Schedule a Doctoral Research Appointment.
4. On the Library Appointments page, read the guidelines.
5. Check the box that you have read and agree to the guidelines.
6. Select your school from the options.
7. Click Schedule Appointment.
8. Select an available time that works for you!
- Appointment times for the next, coming month become available the last week of the previous month.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your Waldenu email address.
In your appointment, librarians will help you to:
- determine appropriate databases
- brainstorm the most effective keywords to use
- learn search strategies to help you get the best results
- learn about techniques to organize your research
- locate theories or theorists
Librarians are not able to:
- select articles for you to use in your capstone
- assist with APA style, or with writing or editing of documents
- determine whether your research topic is "good" or "bad"
- assist with applying your methodology to your research
- How do I get Library help for an assignment?
- Does the Library have videos?
- How do I get help with Library research?
Have more questions for the Library? Ask a Librarian!