Answered By: Abigail Caraccio
Last Updated: Aug 30, 2017     Views: 1369

Potential students’ transcripts are reviewed for potential transfer of credit during the admission process by comparing the Walden program with any transcripts the student submits during the admissions process.  During this evaluation, any transfer of credit that is awarded will be identified on the program of study sent alongside your admission letter.

You can also confirm what transfer of credit you have been awarded by reviewing your Degree Audit. In the example below, the student has received transfer of credit for his BSN General Education area from his previous course work at Sample College. The courses from Sample College that transferred over to Sammy’s Walden program are identified in the table. 

highlight of transfer of credit on Degree Audit

Grades for transfer coursework will either reflect as TR or PR.

  • TR means that the transfer of credit is official, and the official transcript for those courses has been received.
  • PR means that the transfer of credit is preliminary, and Walden is still waiting for the receipt of the official transcript. The transfer of credit is not official and will not be applied towards a Walden degree until the official transcripts are received.

Learn how to Locate your Degree Audit.

More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.