Answered By: Lisa Raymond
Last Updated: Dec 30, 2015     Views: 1468

Walden currently doesn’t have any financial aid specifically designated for students with disabilities.   That’s true for most universities.  The days of government sponsored financial support for students with disabilities in higher education are in the past. 

There are still some private scholarships out there specifically designated for people with disabilities. 

The University of Washington provides information on college funding resources for students with disabilities.

College funding for students with disabilities

The publication is a document sponsored by the Federal Government.  Washington University is just the site where it is housed.  Most of the document is generic information about how new college students transition to college, fill out FAFSA forms, go through rehabilitation services, etc.   In the back of the document is a list of all those obscure and not –so-obscure scholarships targeting the needs of students with disabilities – some specifically set aside for students in graduate programs.   The document is free and can be downloaded to your computer.  It’s updated every year.

Do you have any other questions about disability services?  Email Disability Services at

More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.