Answered By: Erin Gabrielson Last Updated: Mar 30, 2017 Views: 240
You can find book-length biographies and other books with biographical information by searching the Walden Library's ebook collection.
Here are the steps to find ebooks:
2. Click the Books link in the menu on the left.
3. Enter your search terms in the Search Walden Library books box at the top of the page.
For the most accurate results, type the name inside quotation marks. This forces the database to find the whole name as a phrase.
You can also add keywords, such as biography, to focus your results.
- "Nelson Mandela"
- "Nelson Mandela" biography
4. Click Search
5. On the results page, click the link that indicates it will access the book.
You may encounter any of the following:
- You may be taken to a page where you can select how you want to access the book.
- You may see a page that requires you to click the name of the database that holds the book. If you are then taken to a book information page (and not the full text itself), look for a linked year in the upper right and click that.
- You will be taken to a list of each chapter within the book. Select an individual chapter to read.
What if you can't find the biography you want?
Not all books are available electronically, or in a format available to the Walden Library.
Local public libraries frequently have collections of biographies. If you are trying to find a biography for a famous or historical figure, you may want to try searching in your local library's collections. Learn more about using your local library.
Is this for an assignment? You may want to look at the assignment guide for:
Do you have other questions about finding biographical information? Ask a Librarian!