Answered By: Erin Guldbrandsen Last Updated: Aug 08, 2017 Views: 4041
To save, or download, a PDF article use the Save button that appears on the PDF itself.
Note: Instructions for saving the full text of articles depend on the article format: PDF or HTML.
For articles available in PDF format, follow these steps to save the article:
1. Click the PDF link for the article to open the full text. Links to PDF articles typically appear with the words PDF and Full Text with the red and white Adobe Reader icon:
2. Locate the Adobe Reader toolbar. It may look different depending on the browser you are using.
3. Click the Save button in the Adobe Reader toolbar. It may appear only when you hover your cursor over the PDF and look like this:
The Save button may also be in the top right corner of the PDF:
4. Follow the prompts from your computer to save the file in the desired location (thumb drive, desktop, etc.).
Tip: Article PDFs usually have the same look and layout as the article in the printed issue of the journal. They will have the same formatting, page numbers, graphs and charts, etc.
- Learn how to solve common PDF problems
- How do I save an HTML article?
- How do I get the full text of an article?
- Learn more about full text limiter in databases
Do you have other questions about saving an article? Ask a Librarian!