Answered By: Abigail Caraccio Last Updated: Jun 10, 2016 Views: 6928
Graduation (degree conferral) occurs when students complete their degree programs. To ensure that the degree conferral process goes smoothly, students are encouraged to apply for graduation at the start of their last term in their program. The graduation application is available within a student’s myWalden portal under the Student Services tab. A degree will not be conferred until after the term ends and the following have all been completed:
- All grades have been posted.
- All program requirements are completed.
- The required GPA has been obtained.
- The thesis, dissertation, or doctoral study has been submitted to and approved by the Chief Academic Officer (CAO), and has been published as per the guidelines sent to students via email after CAO approval has been given.
A diploma is sent to students (provided there are no financial holds on a student’s account) approximately 2-4 weeks after the degree conferral has been processed.
Commencement is an optional ceremony, celebrating the graduation of Walden students twice a year. Graduates attending commencement are responsible for purchasing their regalia for the ceremony. All graduates may purchase regalia and graduation merchandise from by visiting www.jostens.com/walden.
You may also be interested in the following information:
- When is the next commencement ceremony?
- Which commencement ceremony am I eligible for?
- Where can I get an invitation letter for commencement for travel purposes?
Need more information? Find out how to contact an academic advisor to learn more.