Answered By: Abigail Caraccio
Last Updated: Aug 30, 2017     Views: 1220

Walden University will release a refund if a credit remains on your account after a payment, financial aid disbursement, or university credit has been applied. We are required by law to automatically send you any credit balance via your selected refund option. You have the option to have your refund released by direct deposit to a checking or savings account or a paper check. 

To change your refund option for the first time, go to your myWalden portal and click the "Me" icon on the top right. Here you will select My Finances and then you can select "Manage Your Refund". You can now select your preferred refund method. 

If you have not transitioned into the new myWalden portal you will select the Student Services tab.  Select the Manager Your Refund link and then select your preferred refund method. 


For more information on this topic, please contact The Office of Financial Aid at


More Information

Need more information? Ask us!

Or browse Quick Answers by Topic.