Answered By: Abigail Caraccio
Last Updated: Aug 31, 2017     Views: 1993

The university encourages students and instructors to discuss problems or differences in expectations in a frank and open manner. When students and instructors address problems promptly, they can often resolve issues with minimal disruption to the learning experience. The first step in resolving any working concerns with one’s chairperson or mentor is reaching out directly to the faculty and inquiring about your concerns in a professional and courteous manner.

However, in some cases, differences are not easily resolved. Individuals who want to request a change in faculty services must contact an academic advisor, who will consult the associate dean/executive director, or designee. Any change in faculty services, including faculty mentors or dissertation/doctoral study/thesis chairs, can be made only during the add/drop period of each term and will not be effective until the next term start. Students will be notified of the change via email, typically at least a week before their next course is scheduled to begin.

Do you have more questions? Find out how to contact your academic advisor for more information.